Pleasant View Schoolhouse
The Great Plains Welsh Heritage Project owns and operates the historic District 81 Pleasant View Schoolhouse, a fully furnished 1900-era one-room schoolhouse museum. The interior of the schoolhouse has just been restored to its original appearance.
The present schoolhouse was built in 1906 and was originally located about two miles south of Wymore at the north end of the Welsh settlement centered on the Bethel Welsh church. This was the first school to be built by the Welsh community for the education of their children. At first, many children only spoke Welsh. Therefore, it was important that teachers come from the Welsh community, and many teachers were recent graduates of Wymore High School. The school was closed in the fall of 1960 and relocated to McCandless Park in 1967.
Great Plains Welsh Heritage Project
307 S 7th St.
Wymore, NE 68466
Phone: (402) 432-3656